The Chief Report - Movie Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Tron/Meet the Fockers/Finding Neverland/Hungama

Just testing out a new blogging system where I'll talk about movies I've seen but haven't reviewed for one reason or another. For instance this past weekend on DVD/VHS I watched Tron, Meet the Fockers, Finding Neverland and a Hindi film called Hungama.

I'd never seen Tron before and a friend at work told me I *had* to see it, so I borrowed her 20th anniversary collectors edition and watched it. While the special effects were certainly ahead of their time, the movie itself was awfully cheesy. And the story was just bizarre. But for some reason, I kept watching. I can understand why it's become a cult classic I guess.

Meet the Fockers was just disappointing. Not nearly as funny as the original. I think they lost the humor from the first, which was mostly Ben Stiller's character falling apart, and instead followed the other characters, none of whom were that funy.

Finding Neverland was pretty much what I expected. Well written, well acted, looked good, made you laugh, made you tear up. But nothing spectacular. I don't really think it was one of the top 5 films of last year, but I did enjoy it.

And finally, Hungama, a movie with so many plot lines it would be impossible to discuss them all. It is Bollywood, so even though it's a comedy, there were song and dance sequences that I thought were unoriginal and uninspiring. The movie was funny in parts, but for a comedy, the characters took themselves way too seriously.

So that's my first blog post. Let's see how long I can keep this up.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home